This week I have started a course called Blog To Profit with Mum. It is run by the wonderful Alice Nichols from The Whole Daily and I will tell you more about the course later. Its been lots of fun so far though, and as part of the course I had to make a vision board! Vision boards are so much fun, so I decided to tell you some good ways to make them. Here we go!
What is a vision board.
Creating a vision board is probably one of the most valuable visualization tools available to you. This powerful tool serves as your image of the future, an tangible representation of were you are going. It represents your dreams, your goals and your ideal life – Alice Nicholls
Making vision boards!
Step one: Decide what you are using. You are of course going to need scissors and cardboard (or a pin board), but you need to decide were you are getting your images from, and what you are going to use to stick them down. I prefer to use double sided sticky tape to stick things down, but you could use Washi tape or glue if you want to. If you have a bunch of old magazines that have been read a hundred times and are starting to become a waste of space, then great, time to get messy! If not, then the internet is your friend. Although, I would imagine that searching for images and printing them can be easy, but it can be a waste of paper, and expensive to use that much colored ink. Besides, cutting up old magazines is way more fun!
Step two: Decide on a theme. You could do a vision board for work, school, your blog, a goal you have (like fitness or a clean tidy room) or just life in general!
Step three: Do a rough cut of your images. Don’t bother cutting it perfectly yet, or you will never be finished! When I was making mine, I basically just ripped the whole page out if I wanted an image!
Step four: Place your pictures roughly were you want them. Take this time to cut them better, too.
Step five: Glue/ tape your images down! You probably wont use all of them, but don’t worry! Stick them on your wall, or stick them to your journal!
My vision board!
I had lots of fun making my vision board. Here is what some of the things mean:
- The loft, because I love it, and because I want to live in a loft when I am older!
- The puppy, because, um… puppies are awesome! And just look at how cute it is! By the way its name is Goldie Flops.
- The quotes, because they inspire me.
- America and Paris – they are the two places that I really really want to visit.
- Succulents because I adore them and have been spending a lot of time growing them lately.
- The artwork on the left side – because I love art and I want to learn to draw better.
- The word hello is about me wanting to meet new people, and one of the ways I want to do that is through collaborations with this blog.
- Katniss Everdeen, because I love to read!
I hope this inspires you to make your own vision board, and if you will kindly excuse me, I think Nigella might be up to something- I’d better go check it out. By the way, did you know that Nigella has an instagram page now? You can follow her @Nigellathekittycat
see ya later!